Sunday, January 14, 2007

title? no thanks.

"Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all."
-William Goldman

Being home has been bittersweet. Going to basketball games, eating around a kitchen table with my family. There is still a little less than a week left before I go back to school and I cannot decide whether this has been a good experience or a bad one. Well, ok, it hasn't been bad. Not at all. But you never expect that it will be as uncomfortable as it actually turns out to be. I miss my children. They are getting so big and so smart and I wish I could be here to witness all of it, instead of just bits and pieces. I went to Hannah's basketball tournament yesterday and I was just so proud of her--I'm glad I could at least be here for that. Home also reminds me of the past. Namely the things that I started forgetting about at school, and for good reason. This is where the quote comes into play. I have been so blue these days because I can't get over the fact that some people have no sense of respect and fairness and sincerity. It's not even that uncommon that people who THINK they understand those things really don't. It's magnified here because there is so little else to think about. At school there are distractions and things to be done, and here there is nothing to do but sit and dwell and get sad. Jeeze. I hate that. I am looking forward for that to be over. And for people to understand. But that's not looking too promising.
Anyway. I am starting to do some shopping and laundry and packing up in preparation for the return, and that will be bittersweet as well. New roommate, new classes, new professors. Whew. Lots of new beginnings, and optimism is key.
I suppose "optimism" is the key to all of these problems. That being said, as I head into my second semester, may the glass be half full more commonly than not! (And preferrably, with chocolate milk! )

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]