Saturday, December 30, 2006

limbo

The time between Christmas and New Years. Interesting. I am sitting here in the corner of my living room, listening to my parents and grandparents reminisce (that word looks very strange, but it is spelled right, I checked), and they have no idea I'm writing about them. I think that's funny.

So let's see what's going on these days...
John Edwards is running for president. I'm very happy about this, but I still want Obama to announce his canadicy. At least this means that someone better than Hillary is running. I absolutely think that she's qualified and under different circumstances I would definitely be rooting for her, but she's just not electable at this point in time and it would be an extremely bad move to pit a woman (and a Clinton, as if Conservatives could have even more of a heart attack...at least she isn't a minority) against the Republican candidate, no matter who it may happen to be. Even though women can fight on the front lines, somehow it's still inconceivable that a woman would be the commander in chief. I'm confident that that will change, but until then we need someone like John Edwards, a normal guy with admirable goals, to step up and be honest about what needs to be done. Plus, I met him. And he signed my shirt. (And he's really handsome.)

Saddam Hussein is dead. You can watch it on YouTube. I definitely disagree with his execution, and it freaks me out you can watch it just minutes after it happened all over the internet. If you want to see it, you can look it up, no links provided for this one.

I'm a week late for my postcard of the week! But I'll do it now before the new ones are posted for next week.

Have a fantastic New Years Eve...make good decisions!
(They say you turn into your mother...I think I've been my mother my whole life!)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]