Friday, December 22, 2006

home for christmas

I love my home. Oh so very much.
But I love school, too.
Not the school part of school, exactly.
Or the food.
Or the bathrooms.
Or showering with flip-flops.
But at school, there is a place for all my stuff, and it isn't an inconvenience to anyone else.
And there are friends there whom I love.
And I can stay up as late as I want and it doesn't affect anyone else.
And when I feel like a loser in front of other people, it's usually ok because I'm usually not being a loser all by myself. (a.k.a. someone else is usually wearing a knitted headband and I just can't beat that)
I'm so happy to be here in my warm cozy house, sitting in front of my Christmas tree, laughing with my family and eating food I didn't have to pay for. (And getting to shower without flip-flops. I just can't emphasize that enough.)
But this is just plain weird. Missing something you never thought you'd get used to.
Not feeling totally a part of something that has been the most important part of your life.
It will take some time to adjust.
In the meantime, I think I'll eat some homemade Christmas candy. And maybe take another shower. Without flip-flops? Heck yes.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]