Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, stranger!

Since this whole myspace ordeal began, I have neglected my blog. How sad. I have also lacked unique inspiration to write. But I suppose I'll give it a whirl tonight.

I wish I still believed in Santa. Oh so very much. I hear people talking about how they will never "lie" to their children and tell them there is really a Santa Clause, and that makes me so sad. I long for those days, when Christmas was magical and there was anticipation and surprise. I don't want to decide when to open presents--I want to wait until morning, after Santa has put them under the tree. I am so lucky to have parents that raised me with special traditions. Especially traditions that I miss when I grow out of them. Everything about being little was magic. But that's the beauty of it, right? Missing it so much and striving to keep it alive, even when it starts to fade.

Break so far has been quite enjoyable. Thursday night was much needed, Friday was the most entertaining day of my life, and Christmas was relaxing and full of food and family. In our green gift exchange I received some lovely John Deere apparel, and Santa brought flannel pajamas, a shirt to display my Wausau pride, and a Sony Handycam for the family. Apparantly Santa also brought the promise of shopping in Madison this week, but we'll see how that goes. I have spent a lot of the weekend in my pajamas, laying on the living room floor, and I plan to do more of that yet this week. I did take a long walk with my mama tonight, though, which was refreshing. I've also been playing massive amounts of electronic Sudoku, so my brain is staying in shape, too. :)

Well, tomorrow I'm spending some time with my Little Sister, finishing up some last minute outfit-type things, and then heading to the Holiday Bash. I have some mixed feelings about the whole concept of this fiesta, so hopefully it's an alright time. If nothing else, it was a good excuse to get a rather stunning new dress!

I hope everyone had a safe and merry Christmas weekend...have a relaxing week off!

Comments:
why the hell would u get a new dress for it
 
Because I can...?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]