Saturday, October 08, 2005

feels like a saturday

And rightfuly so, as it IS Saturday. The past few certainly have felt a little week-dayish. But today I slept in, got all my chores done, wathed some TV, and enjoyed the day. And it's not even over yet! Only 5:15, and I'm starting to search for something else to do.

High school is a mess. OUR high school is a mess. Last year, I was happy to be in a the new school, and I tried to disregard the little changes. This year is totally different. Everything about it is driving me crazy. The building, the administration, the rules, everything. Although there were some things about Homecoming that were a good time, like Wausau Eve and the Games Assembly, so much it was over-competitive, unfair, and just plain different. Never before has Homecoming been so negative for so many people. It was a dissapointing way to end my high school Homecoming career, but I'm glad that there were still a few highlights. The game was an absolutely splendid time, and the dance was decent, and the sleep I got afterwards was beautiful. Good job to all the seniors for hanging in there and working so hard, the turnout this year was 16 times better than any other year, and the results showed that. I hope you're all proud of what you accomplished, regardless of who won the spirit trophy. I'd like to give a special shout out to Mrs. Woller, who talked me through my anxieties yesterday. The rest of the day would have been much worse if it wouldn't have been for that.

On a much happier note, I AM MUCH HAPPIER! Everything else has been working out--rehearsal is going well, school isn't too bad, and there's this one guy I know who constantly makes me smile. Not only that, but I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO DRAKE! Oh, the excitement. I think very often about how hard it might possibly be to move that far away, but I am relieved that now it's definitely an option, if nothing else. We'll see what happens with UWEC, and then then it will be hardcore decision-making time.

So, my parents are out of town, my siblings are out for the day, and I've accomplished quite a bit today. A mental health day was completely necessary. And with that, on to next week! May it be much better than this one!

Comments:
Juniors suck
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]