Saturday, August 27, 2005

8 days left

Ok. It can't be avoided. It is time to write the totally cliche blog entry about becoming a senior. Just inevitable. I mean, really. Just no way around it.

Last night was my LAST first football game. Oh goodness. There will be a lot of lasts this year. Most of them bittersweet. (There is a little bug flying around my head and it won't go away. Are bugs irritating on purpose?) I am extremely excited that the football season has started, as my high school career has resulted in a whole new world of football fanness, and even though we didn't come out with a victory, I know the secret plan. Not only am I a fan, but I am TOTALLY on to your strategy, guys. I'll keep the secret safe. Don't worry.

On a much deeper note, high school has transformed me. Not only the education, of course, but everything that comes with living and breathing teenage drama for (at least) 180 days of the year. Now, I know this coming year still has great potential to change me, and I'm actually hoping it will. But my experiences thus far, both inside and outside of Wausau East, have determined so much of who I am and so much that will be with me forever. Some of it, I'm extremely proud of, and some of it, well, I'm not. What would high school be, though, without a little bit of both? The past three years have taught me that EVERYONE has a few skeletons in their closet. No one is perfect, and everyone should be PROUD of that. Proud to be whoever they are, flaws and all. The reason that this is important, and being written about now instead of at the end of the year, is because these are the last nine months that we all have to influence each other. We may graduate and never see one another again, but these days are crucial when it comes to making someone feel important, motivating someone to succeed, or making sure people know how much they mean to you. Not only that, but having the opportunity to BE motivated, MADE to feel important, or told how much you've meant to your peers. We leave this place not so much with four years of math, or four years of english, but with four years of character, lessons learned, and struggles overcome. Four years of practice for bigger things to come.

So this year, SENIORS, be that person you want to be. Leave your mark. Make a difference. Make each second count. Because a year from now, we'll have to rely on that person we have become to carry us into the real world. The best of luck to you all, and most importantly, ENJOY IT!

Comments:
That was good advice, just to add to it I'd like to say party like Tucker Max this year everyone!! www.tuckermax.com
 
Everyone told me it would go so fast, but i didn't really understand until i found myself on summer vaction, and done with school forever. I would just like to add, don't worry if you don't feel all emotional about it yet, it will hit you in good time.
 
Looking back on things that have happened is nice, but I'm still looking forward, I personally can't wait till college with no one I know, always good for a chance to meet someone new. Senior year is going to be fun, and hopefully everything turns out well.

And I so don't think I'm making it through the first day of school, but once again that's the joys of things like anti-bush T-shirts...
 
Allison, enjoy your time in highschool but know it's not the best years of your life. Those are yet to come :).
Always question everything, don't just go with the flow. Stand up for your beliefs and always belive in what you say.
Words can be weapons that are sharper than knives so use them wisely.
Best of all? Enjoy the freedom while you have it the real world is harsh.
Good luck, study hard and kick ass when needed :)
 
Tucker Max is the sh it
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]