Friday, May 06, 2005

It means no worries, for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy.....Hakuna Matata....Hakuuuuuuuuna Ma-ta-ta.....

(There's an appropriate Disney song for every situation, pretty much.)

There is nothing but good news to report tonight. YAY!

1.) Election results. Never before have I ever been as nervous as I was today. Shaky, on the verge of weepy, it was a pretty big mess. But then came the announcement to end all irrational nervous behavior: I AM THE SENIOR CLASS VICE PRESIDENT! I have wanted nothing more out of my high school career than to hold an officer position, especially my senior year. And now it's here, and I have it! I'd really like to thank everyone who voted for me, I promise to encourage involvement and continue to be excited about our class and our school. The possiblities for next year are endless, and we have all summer to work on them! Let's get going! Congrats go out to Mike, too, who had sweet signs (AND stickers, wow.) and will be serving his FOURTH year as president of our class. My oh my. I know it will be a good year, no matter past years have been like. Start brainstorming! (Strange Fact That I Just Found Out Today: My dad was the vice president of his class for his junior and senior years too. Odd.)

2.) I am employed! I was actually hired at two different places, but have decided to accept the position at Rue21. I can't wait! I'm really hoping that it will be an enjoyable place to work. Just through the interview I've already felt very welcome, and the manager seems excited to have me on staff. I've wanted to work at this store since the first time I shopped there, and I'm very relieved that the summer job search is complete.

3.) My friends are simply amazing. I could say that 100 million times, and it still wouldn't be enough. They handled a lot of my publicity stuff with the election, and I am just blown away by how much they actually care. I can only hope that I will someday be able to show them how much that means to me. I am ready for a FANTASTIC summer with them; there won't ever be a dull moment. (Plus, we have flowers to grow, girls!)

4.) Three months from today is my triple-golden birthday. (6 x 3 = 18. Get it?) Enough said.

Everything is good. Really good. My family is good, my grades are good, my van doesn't need gas (for once), and Acoustic Night is tomorrow night, 7:30 at Washington Square. I've been informed that I get to MC, and everyone should go, because it will be a pretty good time.

Enjoy your weekend, and hug your mother! ;)

Comments:
You think you are just wonderful, don't you?
 
Only sometimes. How often do you think that you're wonderful?
 
Thinking you're wonderful is always a good thing, but I've got a step up on that. I know that I'm better than wonderful, I'm totally awesome. Of course, congratulations on being our vp. Jobs are good, money is definitely good too.

And I'm still awesome!
 
some people need a reality check-you may think you are wonderful, but once you are taked out of your own little dreamland and placed in the real world hopefully you will realize you aren't anything special, and that thinking you are so great when you really aren't annoys other people
 
Allison never annoys me! I think she is a great person, and it is CERTAINLY wonderful that she has so much self confidence and is happy with who she is. I'm just sorry that other, immature, insecure people think they have to bring her down just so that they can feel better about themselves. How pathetic! Besides, I think I'm wonderful some days too!
 
go women power, crazy
 
Allison, how did you become class vice president? Our class has had the most retarted past three homecomings that anyone could ever have. If the class wants to do C.S.I then don't be a little bitch and try to do your egyptian walk. How bout since you like being a democrat so much, let the people speak what they want. Anyways The Big Lesbowski is 10 times better than any of your ideas.
 
I've seen The Big Lebowski, and it's a good movie, but there's no possible way to make a hallway and a float from it that is school appropriate. Also, neither C.S.I. OR Ancient Egypt were MY idea, and can credit "the people" for both of them.
 
Alright well what is your idea then?
 
I was just pointing out that I didn't just get stubborn and insist on my own idea. Our theme is completely the idea of someone other than myself, and that was the goal.
 
i think its wonderful that the youth of our future america have acquired so much leadership, responsiblity and self confidence in themselves that they can say .. YES, I AM WONDERFUL... congratulations on a job well done, keep those flags flying high, belive in yoruself and all things will come within your reach... GO LIFE!
 
Our class themes have not been retarded (which by the way is spelled with a D, not a T...see 7th comment from top) and besides, I don't think a homecoming theme can be mentally disabled!! Good grief people!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]