Friday, April 08, 2005

so why don't we go, somewhere only we know

(I love this song. And that is an understatement.)

Whew. I've been home for six days now and it still feels good everytime I sit down. Every break I can get is totally necessary.

The trip was incredible, if you haven't already heard. As you maybe read in my last post, the highlight of Peru was most definitely Machu Picchu. It was an experience that can never be repeated and I will remember it for the rest of my life. Although Machu Picchu was my favorite part of the trip, there are so many other things to be remembered as well. Lake Titicaca was gorgeous, the people were incredibley kind, the culture was extremely different, and the food was something I'm glad I don't have to taste on a regular basis anymore. Even though a lot of people did get sick (I didn't, by some kind of miracle), I still really feel that the amazing experience outweighed the discomfort. It's taken me this past week just to absorb everything that happened and to organize all of my emotions about the last couple weeks. There has been a lot to take in.

Trying to get back into the normal swing of things, play practice is now between three and five hours a night! Party on! Actually, it's not the most horrible thing in the world. I have a lot of fun while I'm there, and I've made some new friends, but the homework time has dramatically decreased. I'm doing my very best to take advantage of my resource centers! Performances are next week (Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays, all at 7:30 p.m.), and so far all the time put in should be worth it. I'm not a lead (or even close to one), but anyone with any kind of role, big or small, has been doing a great job. Hopefully people will come see it!! (Hint, hint...)

So, my mother has left for Illinois, and the rest of my family will be in Rapids tomorrow, so that was pretty good news. I <3 being home alone. I have to do some set work and clean, but I will do it at a leisurely pace with the music blasting.

What else do I know? Peeps are delicious. Yep, that's about it.

Oh, and like well like if you like have some kind of like issue with me like please use some like solid like insults or like even better like get a life that like doesn't include like nasty lying gossip. Like, thank you.

Enjoy your Friday evening. ;)

Comments:
Allison, you make me laugh. I love it!
 
I love the song Somewhere Only We Know, too. It's so beautiful.
 
Oh Abrielle, I heart you. ;)
 
We all heart Abrielle, except not all of us can read her blog anymore because its friends only. =(
 
Oh, I know. Makes me a little sad but there are totally benefits to that and I understand.
 
Abrielle IS the coolest. I'm so glad everyone commenting finally agrees on something! Maybe Abrielle's blog is friends only because she doesn't want anyone to steal her life and turn it into a movie of the week.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]