Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Saved!

I just watched the most magnificent movie ever. Ok well maybe not EVER, but close.

I don't usually write movie reviews, so I will write a reflection instead, I suppose.

Most people that know me or have read previous entries here know that I am not too happy with my religion. It's not so much that I have officially decided that there is no God, but it's more the fact that the CHURCH rules in most organized religions have started to completely outnumber the GOD rules. Politics and ethics have taken the place of faith. I have been raised Catholic, gone to church on a regular basis for my entire life thus far, and that is not enough. At an age when thinking and making choices becomes the normal thing to do, I have found the idea of religion to be fairly pointless and almost comical. Thus the reason I LOVED the movie Saved!. Basically, the movie starts when a devoutly Baptist teenage girl finds out that her boyfriend is gay, and in an attempt to "save" him from...eh...turning to the dark side, becomes pregnant. Oops. He goes to a religious intervention center (yet another attempt to save his horrible sinful soul) and she attends a crazy Baptist high school as a pregnant senior. Ay. The mockery in this movie is simply hilarious and had me laughing out loud many times. The acting was also very impressive, and as terrible as it is to admit, Macaulay Caulkin was gorgeous. Even though Saved! mocked most aspects of organized religion and evangelism, it still had a good message and left me with somewhat of an urge to keep exploring until I do find whatever it is that I can truly believe in.

I'm still contemplating, and it would be a good idea to sleep on it. I recommend this movie to EVERYONE! Prepare to hear me talk about it for a couple days now. ;)

'Night.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]