Sunday, January 09, 2005

I should be reading Huck Finn

But let's think about what's more important. Writing this entry, obviously.

I just finished looking through all my pictures from New Year's Eve/Junior Girls, and wow, we've had a lot of good times in the past two weeks. I set my desktop to the cutest picture EVER of Matt and I (It was hard to pick which one was the cutest because, well, we're adorable.), and put all the actual photos into my junior year photo album. I figured it was the easiest to put them into the album right away, so then when I take them to school they won't end up all covered in fingerprints. Plus, the photo album is really pretty.

Junior Girls is over. Seven months of fundraising and planning, and it all came together this weekend. It was totally worth it. Every ounce of stress that came from everything we did to get ready for it would gladly be dealt with again, because it was just so perfect. I was very worried that it would not be, as you can read about in my previous entries, but it was amazing and I loved every second of it. I'm not really used to doing a play-by-play of my day, but right now I feel that it's quite necessary.
I got my hair done at 11:00, and then headed to Mary's at 1:00 for makeup. I felt like I was on A Wedding Story, because they always show the bride-to-be wearing mismatched clothes that she won't have to mess up her hair by taking off. Sweatpants, a button down flannel shirt, and garden clogs are TOTALLY the way to go. After that, I hurried home to change and make sure everything was just right before Mathew arrived. I wasn't nervous at all during the week, or in the morning, but that right there was when my heart started racing and I got a little shaky (well ok, very shaky). Because he just looked so damn good. And that kind of things makes a girl nervous, you know. We then headed to Katie's for pictures, which was a bunch of fun in itself. Seeing everybody for the first time and meeting parents and all that good stuff. Blinded by camera flashes, but pretty enjoyable. (I'm really attempted to post some pictures, but I know that doesn't go over well, so I won't.)
After that it was off to school for the grand march, which was not nearly as nerve-racking for me as it seemed to be for many other people (thank goodness) and then we headed to the Elk's to reserve tables for dinner. The food was simply delicious (Tenderloin. 2510 cake. Heaven.) and the candles/centerpieces/decorations were so beautiful.
I'm sure you can imagine what happened after dinner. Was there dancing? Oh yes, there certainly was. And it was a crazy good time. Enough said, I think.
Afterwards, at Katie's, everyone was kind of quiet but I enjoyed being in a group of people that doesn't usually hang out together. There was something comforting about it, for some reason. Oh, and I really hope that after prom my parents are more comfortable with the ideas of boys staying the entire night, because that totally would have been the better plan. Overall, though, there was nothing whatsoever to complain about.

I hardly slept at all last night, and took a nap for about an hour this afternoon, and I'm now totally exhausted after trying to stay awake to do homework (that is not even close to being done). With that said, it would be a great idea to head up to bed. I really truly hope that everyone had a night as amazing as mine. Buenas Noches. ;)

Comments:
Don't let the opinions of a few ruin it for all of us, WE WANT PICTURES!!!
 
"regular reader" here again

Es it just me, or when one first looks at the title of this entry, does the "f" seem to pop out?
 
thanks for being the friend i THOUGHT i had...cant you keep anything to yourself or does the whole junior class just have to know. you want to be friends with everyone and you act all innocent but everyone sees right through you and your 'false innocence', just like Huck Finn (thank you for my brillance)
you and your childish games should rott in HELL
 
I can think of another childish game, it involves posting anonymous comments on people's blogs. And you my friend, not Allison, can rot in HELL with your childish games.
 
What the heck is going on? As far as I can recall, I have not told anyone anything that was not supposed to be told. I respect the privacy and secrets of others because I would like my privacy and secrets to be respected as well. If you think that there is some problem between you and I, then the non-"childish" thing to do would definitely be to talk to me about it, rather than posting anonymously on my blog. I'd be more than happy to sit down and talk.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]