Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas

In just 20 minutes, It will no longer be Christmas. Isn't it strange that there's such crazy holiday season hype for half the year, and in just two days, its over? No more presents, no more delicious Christmas cookies, no more festive Christmas music. Actually, I enjoy all those things year round, but I suppose they're all a little more meaningful when it's actually Christmas.

What was Christmas like for Allison this year? Well, sort of boring, sadly enough. Not bad by any means; just a little low key. Let's take a look at the week, shall we?
School this week took a little longer than it should have, but because of that, it felt even better to finally be done on Thursday. Katie, Mary, Kelly and I also had to teach a Link Lesson on Thursday, which was quite the adventure. I know that those kids are lectured to every single day about what choices they should and shouldn't make, but I really hope that some things we said made even the littlest difference. We all feel exactly the same about drugs, alcohol, etc., so it was good we signed up to teach together.
The first East-West doubleheader was Thursday night, as well, and that was a super good time. I really enjoy basketball, and thanks to my handy dandy stress stingray, I was able to keep my tension to a minimum. They played a great game, anyway, so thankfully there wasn't much tension in the first place. Miss Mary rocked the house during halftime with her amazing dancing abilities, and I was just so proud of her. She was really nervous, but there wasn't really any reason for it. After the game, Mary and Becky taught me some sweet Ladies In Red dance routines, and then we headed to Perkins, where we laughed and laughed for two hours straight. Thus my last post. There's just nothing better than good friends. I love those girls like crazy.
Christmas Eve was pretty fun, I slept in (for the first time in way too long), and then Matt came over to exchange gifts. I heart water fountains. (oh, and Matt too ;) ) Usually Christmas Eve goes pretty slow, because for the past couple years we havent exchanged gifts on my mom's side of the family, but it was really fun this year. The food was good, and we had a "color" name exchange, so every gift had to be red. I got a pair of lumberjack-plaid PJ pants (that are about 7 sizes to big, but the comfortableness factor totally overshadows that), and some toe socks. Some of the gifts were hilarious, depending on who was either giving or recieving them. I love how comfortable we all are together; on my dad's side we just can't laugh and appreciate eachothers company like that. After playing multiple board/card games and eating too many cut-out cookies, my family came home and watched Napoleon Dynamite. I can't even believe that my parents sat there and watched the whole thing, but it was a wonderful bonding experience. I heart Napoleon Dynamite, that's for sure. (We all watched it again tonight, by the way.)
This morning I was forced out of bed at the crack of dawn to go to church, which I was totally against, however it wasn't really all that bad. Father Steve read a book for the homily, like I was hoping he would, plus there was a very tiny baby sleeping in the pew right in front of us. Allison doesn't really pay attention to anything else when babies are around, so the mass went pretty quickly. After church, we picked up my grandpa and my uncle David and came back here for breakfast (chicken livers, oh yum). Lunch was at noon at my grandparent's house in Marathon, and then the family shared yet another bonding experience over Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. (Good message, I cried, but overall it was a little slow.) Tonight was where the boring part hit, although I really do enjoy being lazy, so I shouldn't complain.
As far as Christmas presents go, I received a John Marshall sweatshirt (I finally get to display my elementray school/place of employment pride), a new body pillow (all I want to do all day is sleep, now, it's the most comfortable pillow ever to be created), a gift certificate for a massage (ahhhhhh....finally), and some moola. There were some other things too, such as a very cool pig finger puppet that Thomas so kindly gave me. Some people get big expensive gifts every year, but I'm happy to say that I'm very content with what I got. I find more joy in giving other people things, anyway, because it just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. It's important that everyone knows that someone cares about them, because without that, a lot of people are very lonesome. And lonesome is just no good.
Am I forgetting anything? I don't really think so, and even if I am, I have all week to blog whenever I want, so you'd hear it eventually anyway. I hope everyone had a super spectacular Christmas, and enjoys their week off. Start getting ready for 2005....;)


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]