Thursday, December 02, 2004

It's December

Personally, I am very glad that it's December, and I hope I'm not alone. Because, face it, it's just a pretty happy month. So much is going on! I feel a list coming on...
1. Basketball starts!
2. Final Junior Girls planning! (only 5 weeks and a day to go!)
3. Parties!
4. Cookie/Candy making!
5. Democratic Party Christmas Dinner!
6. East Concert!
7. West Concert!
8. Matt's Birthday!
9. CHRISTMAS!
10. NEW YEAR'S EVE!

Oh my goodness. I know there's more than that, but just those ten things are wonderful on their own. Whew, what a month. As of today, there have only been 2 days of it, but so far, so good.

The Peru meeting last night was really fun; it's going to be such an awesome trip. The only thing I'm worried about is getting sick; I know that we won't drink the water, even though in our hotels it's safe to drink, but I have a way of getting sick from really strange stuff. Food, especially. Besides that concern, though, I know these 9 days will change my life. Here's a link to a picture of one of the most breathtaking places on earth: http://www.karlgrobl.com/peru/manchu.htm
I'm pretty convinced that when I get there, I'll cry. Wouldn't you? How much better than that does it really get? It reminds me of Thoreau, living in his cabin and being one with nature and beauty. (Oh no. Have Ms. Landretti and Walden Pond gone to my head? It CAN'T be...)

I just realized that I am excited for Christmas break so I can read. Yes, read. Just thought I'd share.

That's all to talk about at the moment, besides the fact that snow is simply wonderful. I hope you look outside and agree.
Goodnight ;)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]