Saturday, November 20, 2004

That's growing up, for ya

Don't you hate it? Sometimes I feel so cool because I'm getting older, and having more freedoms and responsibilites. At the same time, though, I wish I was still the age when a bandaid or some Elmer's glue would fix all my problems. Things were so much easier in those days; there weren't any secrets, I had plenty of people to trust, and I thought that getting stabbed in the back involved a knife. Oh what fun it is to grow up.
My thoughts are all over the place today. I'm moving on. It's official. I'm no longer going to live in the past, regretting and worrying about things that have already happened. Is it ok then to go back and try to change things? Not change anything, really, but just alter them a little so that things fit together better now? Is it worth the risk? Does that make ANY sense? It hardly makes sense to me, so I completely understand if you don't quite get it. Coincidentally, I was listening to Natalie Imbruglia very much out of the blue today, and she was singing about exactly how I feel.

I’m all out of faith, this is how I feel
I’m cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed into something real
I’m wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
You’re a little late, I’m already torn
So I guess the fortune teller’s right
Should have seen just what was there and not some holy light
To crawl beneath my veins and now
I don’t care, I have no luck, I don’t miss it all that much
There’s just so many things that I can’t touch, I’m torn
I’m all out of faith, this is how I feel
I’m cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed into something real
I’m wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
You’re a little late, I’m already torn.
Gotta love Natalie. I haven't listened to that in so long, and little did I know, she was reading my mind. Wow. Amazing. Just a little song lyric insight for ya, there. The thing that makes this situation even stranger is that I'm finally really happy, yet still able to relate to that song. Figure that one out.
Now, some interesting topics to reflect on tonight:
1.) You know those commercials for Match.com, or eHarmony.com, and other sites like that? Do those things really work? If you've used one, and it worked, let me know, because I'm really interested in knowing. Thanks.
2.) Do people in condom commercials get a lifetime supply of condoms, like how the babies in diaper commercials get lifetime supplies of diapers? That's kind of a funny thought, a lifetime supply of diapers. Maybe it doesn't really work this way, but what do you do with your constant supply of them after like 2 1/2? Do you just save them up for when you have kids? That's still A LOT of diapers. Lucky family, I'd say.
2.) I really want to be in a musical. REALLY. Does anyone else really want to be in a musical, but is too afraid to actually audition and perform in one? If so, we could make a club. That would be a good time.
3.) Everyone should own some silky princess pajamas. They are simply delightful. Just trust me on that one.
Holy cow, I need to stop writing all this craziness. It's been a really weird day, and the biology homework is getting to me. What does that mean? Time to break out the salsa con queso.
Adiós. ;)


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]