Thursday, October 28, 2004

Well, today just sort of sucked

I should really go to sleep. Not because I'm all that tired, but because I just want this day to be over. Excuse me while I take this entry to vent.

1.) It all started last night, really, when I nearly lost some fingers and toes to frostbite. I hate being cold--it's dangerous and it's pretty much inevitable no matter where I am or what I'm wearing. It was raining, and cold, and I was just in a fairly bad mood. It was also a close game, not ending in our favor, and then I had to drive home afterwards in tercherous conditions, all the while fearing not so much for my life, but for the lives all of my passangers.

2.) My sister is my brother's confirmation sponsor. He never even mentioned it to me, and for some reason I feel like she gets to stand up in his wedding and I don't, or something important like that. I really shouldn't even care, because since when have I been Miss Devout Catholic, but still, it sort of hurt my feelings. Have a failed him as a big sister and role model?! What in GOD'S name is going on here?!

3.) All day, I wanted nothing more than to sleep. Ok well, and to cry a couple times. Nothing went wrong even and I was just tired and groggy and sad and I wanted to go home. Actually, there was one factor that was slightly bringing me down. I wanted to give someone a hug. Someone I shouldn't care about. Someone who didn't give me any support when I needed it. Sometimes it would be a lot easier if there was someone around to just tell me how to handle things. Because I'm obviously not too smooth when it comes to doing that on my own.

I did have a really fun night, I must say. As sad as it is to admit, I had forgotten what it's like to just...hang out with the girls. I've been doing that since the end of the summer and I'm still basking in the glow of amazingly good friends. Thank goodness for that. Kylyn even drew me a lovely little comic today, to brighten up my otherwise gloomy day.
After the really fun night, however, I have returned home to find myself still in a somewhat blue mood, and the reason of that is undetermined. Blah. Do you think it's possible for me to get any whinier?

To end on a slightly brighter note, I get to go to UWEC tomorrow and visit George! I'm really excited to walk around campus a little bit and see what the atmosphere is like when school is in session. I already loved the campus during the summer, and hopefully when students are actually occupying it, I'll like it even more. We are also going to try and track down a bajillion more "I Am Loved" pins, so I can pass on and share the warm fuzzy feeling that I experience everytime I wear mine! Hooray for cool pins.

Ay. Let's hope for a better tomorrow, and a hella good Halloween weekend. Goodnight!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]