Tuesday, October 05, 2004

"We are such teenage girls."

Thanks for the title, Rachel T. And for the theme of the post, actually. I have just realized that this is the time of my life when I can be almost as stupid as I want, and it doesn't matter. As long as I don't get in trouble with the police, do drugs, or drink, I can be as stupid and have as much fun as I want, and it doesn't matter. I have been wasting so much time caring about what guidelines to follow and how I look when I'm enjoying myself, that I have completely disreguarded the fact that I've been insanely bored and that I never actually get around to the fun stuff. That's stopping right about here. I mean, what have I got to lose? Take some risks. Laugh at just about EVERYTHING. Make dumb jokes. Tell people how I feel about them. Pursue dreams I've been putting off. Whew. Don't you just want to go out and LIVE now? I sure do, because I can't think of many things that are more exciting than those. Real life, in some ways, has already hit me hard, but I still have plenty of mistakes to make and lessons to learn, and if I don't lighten up, it won't get any easier.

Today Rachel and I went up to the hospital to visit Jayson, just as an attempt to make him smile and give him a lovely get well soon card, and in the card, we signed it, "LOVE, Rachel and Allison." On the way home Rachel was talking about how silly it was that we wrote that, and thus the very cool quote came about. And I thought, exactly. We are teenage girls and this is the best place in the world to be right now. In this car with such a good friend, being silly and LIVING. Doing what we want to do, because, well, it's just what floats our boats. ;)

A lot of things don't work out. And a lot of things make me worry a lot more than necessary. And yes, a lot of things make me sad. But today was great, and I want great to happen a lot more often. I want HAPPY to be a very regular thing. And not just lowercase happy, but HAPPY, for real. Go ahead, Mr./Mrs. Anonymous. Judge the way I live and the way I feel, and be proud of yourself for getting away with what you wrote. I dare you, go ahead and feel good about that, because I'll have you know right here, right now, that I am who I am, and I love that. And apparantly, I'm not the only one.

If I start getting unhappy again, just smack me or something, ok? I'm not a supporter of violence, but I support stupid mood swings even less. Thanks. Love you all. ;)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]