Sunday, October 31, 2004

Reflection on the weekend

So, the rest of my family was gone, and it should have been close to the best weekend ever, but sadly, it was very normal. Busy, too, which is the opposite of what I would have preferred it to be.

Thursday, I went to UWEC to visit with George and walk around campus, and I absolutely loved it. My mom asked all the formal questions about classes and tuition and dorms, and I just walked around and absorbed it all. I've been on campus before, but to see it during the day when there are students and classes and things going on was sooo cool. I can definitely see myself there, and my mom really liked it too, so that's a good sign. It made me think more about the specifics of what I want to study (like it wasn't totally set before...) and I think I'm leaning towards Spanish education now. The high school english thing is fairly boring, so my options would be to go into that and teach it so it's more exciting, or go into Spanish, which is already exciting, and just go with the flow. Decisions, decisions. Still two years left to think about this Allison, let's remain calm. Another highlight of the EC trip was picking up all my "I Am Loved" pins, and I'm super excited to give them out. I love mine, and I hope other people like them, too.
On Friday, I went canvassing for 2 hours in the rain, and that wasn't really the most pleasant experience. Thankfully, only 6 people were home for me to talk to, so the really uncomfortable fear of being bitched out or murdered was somewhat diminished. After that, though, Matt and I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, and that was a pretty good time, so the bad morning wasn't so much of an issue anymore. Strange how certain people make the bad times dissapear. ;)
Saturday was phone banking, which I never want to do again (thanks to a mean horrible man that hurt my feelings) and then Abrielle's party. I was going in as somewhat of an outsider (or at least feeling like one) because I'm not exactly in with that crowd, but I liked my costume and there were some really entertaining people there, so it was fun. I like Halloween, although I do wish that it didn't get any less fun as I got older. At least with Christmas, there's still anticipation and a love of the season, even though the thrill of Santa is gone. Halloween, though, seems to fade away when trick-or-treating does. How sad.
Today, Halloween, was much less than eventful, besides the fact that Lola made brownies. I love brownies. It's the simple things, ya know? The little trick-or-treaters were adorable, and I colored some lovely cheek cell diagrams, but other than that it was pretty low-key. That's ok, though, what else are Sundays for?
Well, the time change has me all disoriented, and I have a fairly long day ahead of me, so it's about time to sign off. Goodnight, and Happy Halloween!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]