Saturday, October 09, 2004

Happy Leif Erickson Day!

It's October 9th, and what does that mean? DISCOVER SOMETHING NEW! IT'S LEIF ERICKSON DAY! And hey, if you think that's cool, just wait until next Saturday...

So this week was good. I love good weeks. It's nice to get home from school on Friday, eat pudding, and feel like you've actually accomplished something in the past 7 days. This week was a little bit long, but I made it through all the tests (A's on all three, time to celebrate. Is Allison getting smarter? That would be super cool.) and am still on the right track so far this year. I've discovered this week that Mr. Rebhahn talks to himself, that maybe it's not horrible to order clothes online, and that really little things can sometimes mean a lot.

Is there anyone who doesn't know that I found my Junior Girls dress? I think I've probably told every possible person there is to tell. It's so pretty, and everything is going to be so amazing. I was realizing tonight how very cool it's all going to be, and January 8th seems to get further and further away. We vote for colors and song on Thursday, and from there on we can start planning decorations, music, food, etc. Yay. How exciting. Any color/song suggestions? The deadline to turn them in isn't until Tuesday, girls, so make sure if you have an idea you make it heard. The more choices, the better! ;)

I worked at Democratic Headquarters for a few hours on Thursday, and it was so cool. I'm SO glad that I am involved with this, and that I went out of my comfort zone to participate, because this is such an incredible thing to be involved with. Maybe some people feel that my work with this will not affect the Kerry campaign, but I beg to differ. If J.K. is elected, I will be very proud to know that I contributed, and I'll have a much better sense of the behind-the-scenes events and how political campaigns operate. I'm also glad that Wausau East Night at the Headquarters coincided with The G.W.B. visit, because I got to meet some pretty wacky protestors and hear a couple good stories. Just for the record, I'm very happy that all of my Republican amigos enjoyed the rally and got to see their president, especially Rachel, because if it weren't for the rally, she wouldn't have met Mr. SSA. ;)

At the moment, I'm dozing off, and those are all of the urgent things that were on my mind, so I'm calling it a night.

Hasta luego. ;)








Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]