Saturday, October 16, 2004

Alleluiah, Alleluiah

John Kerry is my hero. I am not even close to kidding. Tonight was like the best night of my life. Let me make a list in order to relive some of it for you:

1. I got to bond with some super cool people. New friends, yay. The trips both to Appleton and back were a ton of fun, and the naps I was planning on taking didn't really happen because I was too busy chatting it up. They were also all very supportive of me and my lack of contact with JK, and that made me feel so darn special. (I would expand on the lack of contact incident, but it's still a little painful.)

2. I stood about 2.5 people behind the gates, and I can't really even believe how close I was to him. At some points, tall people held up signs that unfortunately were not transparent, but for the most part I had a great view and got some super awesome pictures.

3. The minute the man started speaking, I cried. Tears of joy. I love him. I trust John Kerry to run this country and make decisions that will affect my future, and I cannot even begin to explain how much I wish I could vote and help make that possible. I hope that those who CAN vote are informed and have not only themselves, but the younger generations in mind. Everything about him makes me feel optimistic about the direction America could go in, and I want more than anything for that to be the outcome of Nov. 2nd's election.

4. There was confetti. A lot of confetti. Isn't that just one of those things that makes you happy? If it isn't, it certainly should be.

So yes, overall, the night of October 15th totally rocked Allison's world.

Thanks to Kylyn for today's title; she wasn't talking about John Kerry when it was said, but it was a happy moment just the same, and I thought it blended well with the rest of the day. What a week. I guess it wasn't too bad that I didn't make it to SPASH tonight, it's really difficult for me to not go, being a loyal fan and all, but from the report I got, it wasn't very pretty. JK was TOTALLY worth it too, so it wasn't really much of a loss at all. The bio test went well as far as I'm concerned, too, so I'm ready to have a great weekend. A little bit of homework, but nothing extreme to do, so it should be relaxing. (Not to mention that tomorrow is BETTY CROCKER DAY, and I couldn't be more excited. The weather forecast isn't looking very pleasant, but some serious corn mazing has to take place, so I better find my snowpants.)

Have a great weekend, ya'll. ;)



Comments:
John Kerry is my hero as well
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]