Friday, September 10, 2004

Lonely

Is it common to feel completely alone, even when surrounded by people? It's been a week like that, and tonight is the grand finale. I don't have many classes with people I can talk to, so even though there are tons of people around me all day, I feel rather alone most of the time. I can handle that, though, at school, because there's other stuff I need to be paying attention to and putting my efforts into. Nights like this suck, though. I was around friends all night, cheering, having a grand time, and suddenly the lonely feeling hit me like a ton of bricks. I was standing in the stands with all my fellow Eastsiders, tons and tons of people around me, and I wanted nothing more than to just stand there and cry. Actually, I wanted someone to hold my hand and tell me that everything is ok; that I'm NOT alone and that somebody somewhere loves me. Why is that so hard for me to believe? Probably because I didn't expect this. I didn't expect the end, and I didn't anticipate the broken feeling or the lonliness. Can someone please just smack me and tell me to stop whining and get over it? I'd appreciate that.

Comments:
Whine away, what else are these things for? However, it's not something that one gets over all that easily... yikes I should know (but do I? ooh, deep). Sometimes the feeling is awesome and liberating. Most of the time it's too painful to describe.

Feel better.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]