Saturday, September 11, 2004

Forgot Something...

Two posts in a span of 45 minutes. Jeeze.

But I've been thinking about it all day, so I better write about it.

Today is September 11th, 2004. That means that three years ago, it was September 11th, 2001. And we all know what that means. First of all, I completely respect that it was a horrific day, and that thousands upon thousands of people are still mourning. I totally understand. The thing I've been thinking about though, is that I saw 3+ talk shows and/or news programs today, on which they were interviewing people who lost loved ones on that day. If I had lost someone in an event like that, it would haunt me every single day. I don't think I would need a special day every year to dwell on it and relive it and point out how horrible it was. Especially the ceremony that President Bush held this morning, it just seems like overkill to me. I can understand a year after it, and then probably 5 or 10 years later, but every single year? How many years in a row of having such heartwrenching ceremonies and memorials is enough? By this time, I would just be so tired of talking about it and ready to start moving on. I also completely disagree with the use of 9/11 as some kind of advantage that the President seems to think he has over his opponents. I don't think that it was a political issue and it shouldn't be made into one. It was an act of hate and terror that could have happened under any president, and for Bush to say that he is stronger because he led the country through it is just bullshit to me. It's disrespectful to use an event like that, as well as other peoples pain, to get ahead in a political campaign. Completely disgusts me. Anyway, I don't know where my thoughts on that put me. Anyone agree? Anyone think I'm being insensetive? Leave a comment or two, would ya?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]