Saturday, September 11, 2004

The Day of the Tiny Baby

All afternoon, I was lucky enough to be holding a beautiful 5 day old baby. I had never ever seen a baby that small. Even after Isaac was born, we didn't see him until he was about two weeks old, and THAT seemed pretty little to me. Nicholas (yes, that was the baby) was so small and warm and cuddly, and I didn't want to give him back, even six hours later. I know that this will change the minute I have to wake up at 3:00 a.m. for my own tiny baby (and I can safely say I have a good 10 or so years before that happens), but I don't know how anyone who gets to hold and take care of something that little and beautiful could ever be unhappy. I was absolutely in heaven.
What else did I do today? I slept in (but not too much), I adored Nicholas for several hours, then went to church with my daddy. (It was probably the best mass of the year tonight. A man from Art In The Park comes and plays clarinet with the choir at this mass every year. It's pretty awesome.) After church, I stopped to drop off milk for my grandpa, took Tommy to his friend's house, and then stopped to look for a movie. The only movie I really wanted to get was Jersey Girl (to watch on a Saturday night...by myself...), but they didn't have it, so in the spirit of being dorky, I came home and did homework for an hour or two. Actually, even though there are only a few people who probably do that (homework on a Saturday night), I would much rather have tomorrow to relax and not have to worry about water molecules, slope of a line, and the Puritans. So there. Dorky and proud of it!
I'm trying to prepare myself for the reactions of our wonderful junior class when I announce to them everything that's changing about homecoming this year. It's really quite a mess, if I do say so myself. This is the year when changes have to be made, however, so hopefully everything works out as planned. All the new ideas are very creative and I like them a lot, but just the building has been an overload of newness; I'm not sure how homecoming renovation will go over. I've also never really addressed our entire class before, apart from my election speech two years ago, so hopefully I'll be as confident about it on Monday as I am now. I suppose that's all on my mind at the moment, until next time, stay classy, all you blog readers. ;)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]