Saturday, September 18, 2004

Adventures

First of all, I should have gone to sleep about an hour ago, so I apologize ahead of time for any typos or random babbling.
Half of my face is sunburned. Yes. HALF. The left side of my face is nice and red, and the right side, well, isn't. That's what you get for standing in the same spot for 6 hours. That and a really sore back. I worked concessions for Junior Girls at the Smiley Invitational from 7 a.m. until 1:30 this afternoon, and although we made tons of moola, it was a loooooong morning. I had been previously informed that every runner that finishes the race throws up. So when I get to the Legion and discover the concession stand to be mere feet away from the finish line, I'm sure you can imagine how much I was dreading being there. The good news, however, is that the only type of illness I witnessed was a girl that was semi-passed out, and no vomit was involved there, so I am quite thankful for that. I felt pretty bad for her, though, but I saw her later in the day and she was looking healthy. Thank goodness. I'm glad that the fundraiser was successful, and now we don't have to raise any more money! HOORAY! Now comes all the fun stuff, such as food tasting, picking out colors and songs, and dress shopping...whoo hoo. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot that I have to ask someone to go to that dance with me. That's a tough one.
What else has happened lately? Ah ha, Thursday night was a crazy adventure in Steven's Point, with Jenna and the Rachels. It all started when Mapquest gave me some difficult directions, and I directed Jenna the wrong way, and we ended up missing the whole first half of the soccer game, stopped FOUR times for directions, and got a complete tour of Steven's Point. We were almost killed three times (The others would beg to differ with me, and say that it was only twice, but really, it was three), and really, it was a well-needed break from Wausau and the school week. I needed to get my mind off everything school-related, and those girls really help out with that. They make everything a lot happier for me.
Last night was the football game against D.C.E., and really, what can you expect when you go up against the state champions? Those boys held their own though, and played better than they have in the last couple games, and of course we still love them all anyway. You win some, lose some, and stand proud through both. The Fan Van, of course, was all decked out with Lumberjack Pride, and there's never a dull moment when that thing is in motion. We've established a tradition of watching the highlights at my house after the game, and THAT tradition in turn has established another one, of trying super hard to get on the news! Next week, there will be Highlight Zone/Jocko t-shirts, so we will certainly work our way up to being regulars on channel 7. We are the number one fans, after all ;)
Tomorrow starts float construction, and so far, it will be awesome. I'm keeping a positive, cooperative attitude, and hopefully that makes things easier. That starts tomorrow morning at 11 a.m., though, so it's about time I head out.

Hasta luego, amigas y extranjeros.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]